Monday, January 10, 2011

A request to my meat eating friends

Nope, before you cringe.. I'm not asking you to give up meat. Making healthy choices is upto you. I'm not even going to start with the rainforests, cardiovascular diseases or good ol'd simple ethics. Nope. Just as you expect me to respect your choice of eating meat, I request you to respect my choice of not eating meat. Just like you wouldn't want to hear me harp on healthier alternatives to meat, similarly I wouldn't like to listen to what I'm missing out on. I don't care if the chicken sate you ate was something to die for. I don't care if you think that my vegetarian cooking doesn't really count. You see I need to cater to my family which is largely vegetarian. If I make a Chicken roll, it really wouldn't count for them either. We decide to go out because we want to catch up...not because we need to convince each other about the food choices we make. I might not approve of meat eating but I have the bloody sense to keep it to myself. When a vegetarian makes a big deal of meat eating he/she is branded as extreme but why is it really Okay for a meat eater to criticize vegetarianism without being branded????I have no issues with anybody's choice It's a free country.

So the next time you eat your chicken sate, please let me eat my gobi in peace. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment